What is an EDI 210?
The EDI 210 is a X12 transaction set for a Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice that is used to bill trading partners and retailers for freight services. The EDI 210 provides information such as:
- Invoice number and date
- Bill-To information
- Item data, quantities, and weights
- Ship method
- Shipper information
- Terms of payment
- Delivery information, including tracking number
Benefits of implementing the EDI 210
Implementing the EDI 210 enables you to streamline your logistical services and billing. It eliminates the need for paper invoices or manual order entry, thus reducing business costs, resource needs, and human error.
EDI 210 Workflow
An EDI 210 is used to replace paper invoices for freight carriers billing trading partners and retailers. Upon receipt of the invoice, your trading partner and the retailer will expect other EDI transactions from you in response to the invoice.
Documents that are exchanged with the EDI 210 can include:
- 204 - Motor Carrier Load Tender: used to create a new shipment, update or replace a shipment, or to cancel a shipment for single stop routes or LTL
- 211 - Motor Carrier Bill of Lading: used to request a shipment to be picked up and routed
- 214 - Transportation Carrier Shipment Status Message: used to provide the status of a freight shipment
- 997 - Functional Acknowledgment - used to accept, error, or reject a transaction.
EDI 210 Example
ISA|00| |00| |ZZ|123456789 |ZZ|SUPPLYPIKE |123456|2134|U|00401|123456789|0|P|-
K1|ORIGINAL ORDERED WEIGHT