What is an EDI 860?
The EDI 860 is a X12 transaction set for a Purchase Order Change Request that has been initiated by the buyer. The EDI 860 includes information such as:
- Purchase order and date
- Warehouse identification
- Requested pick up date
- Retailer name and department information
- Change type (e.g. cancellation)
Benefits of implementing the EDI 860
Implementing the EDI 860 allows you to quickly and easily change your order information without the hassle of re-keying data into your various systems or attempting to change the purchase order via email or fax. This reduces waste and helps avoid human error.
EDI 860 Workflow
- 850 - Purchase Order: used to communicate the specific items a buyer wishes to order from a supplier
- 855 - Purchase Order Acknowledgment: used to confirm you can meet the requirements in the purchase order
- 865 - Purchase Order Change Acknowledgment/Request (Seller Initiated): used to accept or reject changes to a purchase order
EDI 860 Example
MSG|DEST DC CODES