What is an EDI 943?
The EDI 943 is a X12 transaction set for a Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice that is used to notify the warehouse that a transfer shipment has been made from the manufacturer or that a return is on its way from the warehouse. The EDI 943 provides such information as:
- Purchase order and date
- Item details, lot codes, and unit of measurement
- Retailer information, including address
- Warehouse identification code
- Carrier information
Benefits of implementing the EDI 943
Implementing the EDI 943 streamlines your warehouse supply chain by removing obstacles in creating warehouse transfers or returns. It eliminates the need to utilize slower, more costly methods, such as fax, email, or manually keying information into an ERP system.
EDI 943 Workflow
An EDI 943 is used to initiate a warehouse order or return shipment to a third-party warehouse. Upon receipt of an EDI 943, your trading partner will expect to receive other EDI transactions from you in response to the warehouse stock transfer shipment advice.
Documents that are exchanged in response to the EDI 943 can include:
- 856 - Advance Ship Notice: used to describe the contents of each shipment and how items were packed
- 944 - Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt Advice: used to notify the the manufacturer that its transfer shipment was received
- 997 - Functional Acknowledgment - used to confirm receipt of the 943
EDI 943 Example
ISA|00| |00| |ZZ|123456789 |ZZ|SUPPLYPIKE |123456|1234|U|12345|123456789|0|P|-