What is an EDI 944?
The EDI 944 is a X12 transaction set for a warehouse stock transfer receipt advice that is used in warehouse fulfillment service providers to notify the receipt of product transfers. The EDI 944 provides information such as:
- Purchase order, depositor order number, and date
- Item data, including description, quantity, UOM, lot code, and UPC case code
- Warehouse and distribution center
Benefits of Implementing the EDI 944
Implementing an EDI 944 streamlines the supply chain between warehouses and distribution centers. This transaction set is a notification by the third party logisitics providers or warehouses regarding the receipt of product transfers, so with this file, you will always know where your product is. This file neatly handles the manufacturer's instructions for its products.
EDI 944 Workflow
- 943 - Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice: used to send a notification from the manufacturer that the order is on its way to the warehouse
- 944 - Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt: used to indicate the product was received
- 940 - Warehouse Shipping Order: used to direct the warehouse to ship the product to customer locations or retailers
- 945 - Warehouse Shipping Advice: used to for the warehouse to confirm the shipment of the order
- 856 - Advance Shipment Notice (ASN): used to inform the retailer of the order
- 810 - Invoice: used to bill the retailer for the product
EDI 944 Example
ISA|00| |00| |08|0000000000 |ZZ|1234567890 |181107|0945|:|00501|850010691|0|P|-