Code 10s are generated when there are discrepancies in allowances between the invoice and the PO. These could be differences in allowances either at the order/invoice level or the net cost of allowances at line item level.
How to Prevent Valid Code 10s
- Review the PO for correct cost and allowances information before filling order
- Review EDI data and PO data to ensure what is sent/received matches allowances agreed upon in supplier agreement.
- Review for correct cost, allowance, unit, and weight information. It is most common for valid code 10s to arise from EDI errors.
- Do not ship product if the information on the PO is not correct. Instead, Walmart recommends contacting the buying department to request a price correction.
Can it be Disputed?
Yes. Although agreed-upon pricing allowances aren't considered for payback, it is still possible to dispute an erroneous application of a Code 10. Submit disputes in the Direct Commerce portal. If the dispute is denied, then you should still contact your buyer directly to request a payback.
How to Dispute Invalid Code 10s
- Supplier agreement showing agreed-upon allowances
- Invoice (EDI 810) showing correct cost and allowances