Code 91s are for damaged or defective merchandise that the retailer could not return and was therefore destroyed. Refer to the supplier agreement and contact your buyer for direction.

How to Prevent Valid Code 91s

  • Make sure your product packaging is up to the rigors of transport. 
  • Make sure the product itself can withstand the extreme temperatures and forces it will be subjected to during transport (i.e. - melting, vibration/drop damage, etc.)
  • Review your supplier agreement and consider whether you should negotiate a higher allowance for defective goods so that you can better plan your cash flow.

Can it be Disputed?

Code 91s can be disputed in the Direct Commerce portal.

Did this answer your question?