For teams who received signed shipping documents directly from their warehouses or another internal source, SupplyPike offers an integration add-on (pricing information here) to process these documents and automatically attach them to relevant orders and deductions inside Deductions Navigator. This can be a huge time saver since your shipping documents are ready and waiting for you whenever a deduction comes up!
SupplyPike uses a custom email + OCR (optical character recognition) process that has been optimized for shipping documents like BOLs (bills of lading). The setup is extremely simple:
- We will provide you with a custom email address where documents should be sent
- Your team sends any relevant historical shipping documents and all new documents as they're available
- We automatically process the documents and attach them to their related orders/deductions inside Deductions Navigator.
- SupplyPike is currently able to process 4 general BOL file layouts: Files with 1 individual BOL, Files with multiple individual BOLs, Files with a Master BOL and multiple individual BOLs, Files with a master BOL and 1 individual BOL
- Most teams have their warehouse simply add the custom SupplyPike email address to their carbon copy (cc) list, so whenever they are scanning in documents they are sent to SupplyPike as well.
- Files must include the Walmart Purchase Order number in order to be matched with deductions in Deductions Navigator
- Attachments should be limited to a maximum of 10 files per email
- Files should be .pdf since this is the required file type for Walmart disputes
- File size for any individual file should not exceed 35MB
- Documents process best if they are in a normal, vertical orientation or rotated 90*, 180* or 270*. Odd angles can impede the OCR process.
- No need to filter out BOLs for other retailers, our process will simply drop any files that do not match Walmart orders or deductions
- Handwritten BOLs and or handwritten notes on printed BOLs have an extremely low likelihood of being processed successfully by OCR.